Five New Year’s resolutions to make your company a mobile leader
“In 2014, I will help my company to…”
1. Accept that the web and mobile are different.
2. Unlock our enterprise data for mobile use.
Of developers struggling to connect to enterprise sources, 49% find data is not in a mobile-optimized format. 1
3. Give employees apps they actually want to use.
64% of employees ignore corporate mobile apps and find their own. 3
4. Acknowledge we can’t do everything in one app.
Apps and applications are different expressions of software, as Gartner says. “Apps do less than applications. That is their goal.” 4
5. Use data to improve our apps, instead of guessing what users want.
1/3 of enterprises surveyed report their apps fail to meet the needs of end users. 5
Worried your company won’t stick to these resolutions? Learn more about how to put the above into action.
2 Facemire, Michael, et al. “Mobile Needs A Four-Tier Engagement Platform.” Forrester Research. 18 October 2013.
3 Eddy, Nathan. “Corporate Mobile Applications Leave Employees Unsatisfied.” eWeek, n.d. Web. 15 Jan. 2014.
4 Prentice, Brian. “The App and Its Impact on Software Design.” Gartner. 18 May 2012.