Today, we published Beta release versions of Axway Titanium SDK – now bundled with Hyperloop – and Axway Appcelerator CLI. The releases include 56 features, 120 bug fixes, 58 improvements, and 30 API changes. For a more detailed overview, known issues and closed tickets, see the release notes:
- Axway Titanium SDK 7.0.0 Beta Release Note
- Hyperloop 3.0.0 Beta Release Note
- Axway Appcelerator CLI 7.0.0 Beta Release Note
Hyperloop modules are now shipped with the Titanium SDK! That means you will get the latest version of Hyperloop with the SDK going forward. Previously Hyperloop was distributed as a separate module. Users had to go through additional steps to install and use Hyperloop. Making Hyperloop part of the core SDK will eliminate these restrictions and improve user experience.
Introducing the Appcelerator Daemon. The Daemon is a node.js server running in the background providing an API for future tooling feature and performance improvements. The Daemon provides a new plugin system for greater extensibility. Look for exciting new updates to the Daemon as we as add features throughout 2018.
Google Play Services implementation has been improved by removing the library from Appcelerator-provided modules and providing a ti.playservices module for a single and easier implementation. No longer will users be required to keep modules that use Google Play Services in sync to avoid dexer errors. We are including our Google Play Services module and providing updated versions of our other modules such as ti.map, ti.cloudpush and ti.admob. Users simply need to include ti.playservices module as a dependency in their own module’s timodule.xml to make use of this new design. For more info, see an example on Github.
Additional Android features are included. As part of our continued commitment to improve android support, we have included the following features for android:
- ARM64 support on Android. Titanium SDK has been compiled to provide native support for Android ARM 64-bit devices. Native Android modules compiled with SDK 7.0.0 will support ARM64.
- Android notification channel support for Android O.
- Custom Quick settings tiles support for Android N.
- V8 Engine update to 6.2 for better performance with turbofan, ignition and debugging protocol updates.
- Java 7 support on native modules.
- Support for NDK r16.
- SOASTA Test module needs to be built and publish to support ARM64. Android projects using SDK 7.0.0 with the test service enabled will fail to build. To evaluate the beta on Android, please use projects with test services disabled.
- The debugger may fail to connect. We have changes to make in Studio to support some of the changes in the SDK. A pre-release of Studio will be out soon to support this.
- Hyperloop will show as disabled when using Studio 4.x. Due to the new way we are delivering and enabling hyperloop, Studio needs an update to correctly sense that Hyperloop is enabled. A pre-release of Studio will be out soon to support this.
Update Axway Appcelerator CLI
To update the CLI node package and core from the command line:
[sudo] npm install -g firstname.lastname@example.org
appc use 7.0.0-33
To roll the CLI node package and core back:
[sudo] npm install -g appcelerator
appc use latest
Update Axway Titanium SDK
To update the SDK from the command line:
[appc] ti sdk install --branch master -d
To roll back:
[appc] ti sdk select latest
If you run into any issues that seem related to the updates, please report them on JIRA.
First, check if it’s a known issue you can watch. If you can’t find an existing ticket, then create one in the Appcelerator Community (AC) project and add as much relevant information as you can, including the release version you are using.
You can leave general comments as a reply to this blog post.