We are happy to announce the immediate availability of the Titanium SDK 5.2.1 and the Appcelerator CLI 5.2.1, which includes an update from Alloy 1.7.33 to 1.8.2.
We’d like to thank the Appcelerator Community members who contributed to this release as well as those who have tested the RC from last week.
Some things you might like:
- ALOY-1356 / ALOY-1357 – Added support for
- ALOY-86 Added support for distributing Alloy widgets via NPM.
- ALOY-1360 Added support for defining controller baseController in XML.
- ALOY-1365 Improve how Alloy works with i18n and platform folders. (blog post)
- ALOY-1254 Support model
transform()method for collection-view binding.
- ALOY-1352 The
pxToDP()methods of the measurement builtin now supports HD Retina iOS.
- TIMOB-16355 –
Ti.UI.TableView.separatorInsetshas been split into
tableSeparatorInsets(for header and footer) and
- TIMOB-20405 –
Ti.UI.Tab.iconInsetsintroduced in 5.2.0.GA now calculate
- TIMOB-20453 – The regression in 5.2.0.GA that caused a (by default) black blink between the launch image and first window has been fixed.
- TIMOB-19165 – Cannot style links in Attributed Strings has been fixed.
- Several improvements to the MySQL, Composite and MongoDB Arrow Connectors.
- CLI-687 You can now base a new Alloy project on an existing test app with the
appc new -t titanium -i com.appc.picker -n AlloyPicker --testapp ui/picker
- TIMOB-20627 – App rejected by Apple due to use of the nativeObject API.
For more details see the following links:
- Appcelerator CLI Core 5.2.1 Release Notes
- Titanium SDK 5.2.1.GA Release Notes
- Alloy Release Notes: 1.7.34, 1.7.35, 1.8.0, 1.8.1 and 1.8.2
- All (public) resolved JIRA tickets
Update from Appcelerator Studio
Make sure you have the update type to Stable Release and check for updates.
Update from the command line
Both the Appcelerator CLI Installer and the Core Package have been updated.
To update these and also get Titanium SDK 5.2.1 from the command line:
[sudo] npm install -g appcelerator appc setup
Update stand-alone Alloy CLI
The Appcelerator CLI Core Package 5.2.1 includes Titanium CLI 5.0.6 (2016-01-14) and an update from Alloy 1.7.33 to 1.8.2. If you are using the global stand-alone Titanium and Alloy CLIs you can update to the latest versions from the command line:
[sudo] npm install -g titanium alloy
If you run into any issues that seem related to the updates, please report them on JIRA. First check if it’s a known issue you can watch. If you can’t find an existing ticket, then create one in the Appcelerator (INBOX) (AC) project and include as much relevant information as you can.
You can leave general comments as a reply to this blog post.