Node.js recently released Version 0.12 which makes some small changes in core APIs. We’re pleased to announce a Beta version 3.5.1 of Titanium SDK and Appcelerator Studio that offers compatibility with Node 0.12.
This release addresses the following:
- Critical compatibility bugs with Node 0.12
- High-priority iOS and Android bugs.
We recommend only updating to the beta if you specifically need Node 0.12 compatibility at this time.
How to Update
These are links to continuous integration builds. To install them, choose “Help Menu > Install Specific Titanium SDK…” from inside Titanium Studio
To update Appcelerator Studio:
- Change the install stream to ‘Release Candidate’ in Preferences > Studio > Updates.
- Press OK to apply the changes and close the preferences.
- Help > Check for Appcelerator Updates – This will check for updates and walk through the update wizard.
There is no update necessary for Titanium Studio itself.
There is an outstanding issue with LiveView and Node 0.12, detailed in ticket TIMOB-18600. To fix:
Run liveview rm clihook or edit your ~/.titanium/config.json file and remove the com.appcelerator.titanium.liveview entry from the hooks section to disable LiveView. Please note that restarting Appcelerator Studio will re-add the hook.
NPM PackagesNote: You may need to use ‘sudo’ before these terminal commands on OSX and Linux
npm install -g firstname.lastname@example.orgTo revert back to stable versions:
npm remove -g titanium npm install -g titanium