Be Ready for iOS 7 with Titanium 3.1.3 RC

0 Flares 0 Flares ×

Now is the time to get prepared for the pending iOS 7 release. We are ready—are you? In anticipation of Apple’s iOS 7 announcement tomorrow, Sept 10, we are announcing our Titanium 3.1.3 RC today. With this release, you can make your apps iOS 7 compatible.

In order to take advantage of the new iOS 7 UI features such as full screen support, flat design, translucent objects, new app icons, and other items, you will need to make minor modifications to your current applications. Our 3.1.3 RC will enable you to make the necessary changes quickly and easily while still using they same cross-platform JavaScript APIs that you are already familiar with.

As you move forward with iOS 7, don’t forget about iOS 6. If supporting iOS 6 is still a requirement for your apps, our SDK supports both iOS 6 and 7, but you just need to make sure that you plan for the appropriate backwards compatibility testing.

As is always the case, if it wasn’t for you—our large and active community of developers—it wouldn’t be possible for us to provide these high quality releases so quickly. Thank you—we appreciate all your feedback and please keep it coming. Now please join us in welcoming iOS 7 to the mobile party!

To learn more about our support of iOS7 please see our webinar and blog post.  To assist with your transition, read the complete iOS 7 migration guide.

How to Update

These are links to continuous integration builds. To install them, choose “Help Menu > Install Specific Titanium SDK…” from inside Titanium Studio.

NPM Packages

Note: You may need to use ‘sudo’ before these terminal commands on OSX and Linux

npm install -g alloy@1.2.2-beta

To revert back to stable versions:

npm remove -g alloy

npm install -g alloy

Updates in Titanium 3.1.3

A full list of iOS 7 tickets is available here.

Known Issues

There are a few known issues in this release that will be addressed before the GA. Please follow along on the related tickets for updates.

  • TIMOB-15077: iOS7: Support new UIStatusBarStyleLightContent style
  • TIMOB-11674: iOS: iPad Landscape Splash Screen looks distorted

0 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 LinkedIn 0 Email -- 0 Flares ×


  1. note Alloy should be 1.2.2-beta not alpha4 as mentioned.

  2. Nuno Costa

    thanks for this update.

    sudo npm install -g alloy@1.2.2-alpha4

    npm ERR! Error: version not found: 1.2.2-alpha4 : alloy/1.2.2-alpha4

    Maybe is too soon for npm?

  3. Tony Lukasavage

    Yes, it should be 1.2.2-beta.

    I’ll have someone update the blog soon.

    • Ingo Muschenetz

      The link to Alloy was corrected. Apologies for the error.

  4. Is the documentation for 3.1.3 RC already online somewhere?

    • Ingo Muschenetz

      @Tinman. There are some updated API calls and those docs should be available in the current documentation area. However, most of the interesting notes are in the iOS 7 migration guide, linked above.

  5. Alberto Marcone

    [ERROR] : ** BUILD FAILED **
    [ERROR] : The following build commands failed:
    [ERROR] : Ld build/Debug-iphonesimulator/ normal i386
    [ERROR] : (1 failure)

    I get this error that I don’t get with TiSDK 3.1.2.GA. Xcode5-DP6.

    What am I doing wrong?

    • Ingo Muschenetz

      @Alberto. Could you file a ticket with more information?

  6. Mobilizer

    In 3.1.1 the minimum iOS supported version changed to 5.x.

    In the iOS 7 migration guide it says that “iOS 5.x will no longer be officially supported starting with Release 3.2.0.”

    That is rather a quick change from supporting 5.X to requiring 6.1+? I have just communicated to my user base that they will require 5.X…

    • Ingo Muschenetz

      @Mobilizer. We expect iOS 7 adoption to be very quick and iOS 5 support to be near 1% by December, leaving 99% of users on iOS 6 and 7 by the time 3.2.0 comes out.

  7. Alberto Marcone

    @Ingo: my bad, it was an existing project created with xcode 4. The usual clean up solved it.

  8. Mobilizer

    Can I please check on the status of this comment from the migration docs:

    “Due to known bugs with iOS 7 Beta 5, the following issues cannot be resolved in the Titanium SDK: Cannot set the backgroundColor property for ButtonBar or TabbedBar objects.”

    Is this going to be resolved as part of 3.1.3?

  9. Skoua

    @Alberto Marcone :
    Empty your build folder, do not use –force, it did the trick for me.

  10. I got a appstore validation error with this build:
    “The app references non-public selectors in Payload/My App: push:”

    I had to update to the newer version (3.1.3.v20130913160104) to get the validation error / private API usage error to go away

Comments are closed.

Sign up for our blog!

computer and tablet showing Appcelerator software
Start free, grow from there.
0 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 LinkedIn 0 Email -- 0 Flares ×