Join our first-ever Mobile Developer Challenge! We challenge our 300,000 mobile developers to create some awesome apps and expand the existing Titanium application universe beyond the 40,000 Titanium mobile apps in the wild today.
We’ll be awarding over $25,000 in prizes and giving the top two apps the chance to present their app on stage at CODESTRONG 2012 in San Francisco … plus, the top two apps will have the opportunity to pitch their apps to our “VC Panel” at CODESTRONG!
Top prizes include:
1st Place – $15,000 cash – Trip to San Francisco to join Appcelerator CEO Jeff Haynie on stage to launch their app at CODESTRONG – Meeting to pitch your business to Appcelerator’s VC’s
2nd Place – $5,000 cash – Trip to San Francisco to join Appcelerator CEO Jeff Haynie on stage to launch their app at CODESTRONG – Meeting to pitch your business to Appcelerator’s VC’s
Box Bonus Prize – $5,000 cash – Any app that uses the Box API is eligible to win this prize – Award will favor business-oriented apps – This prize may be stand-alone ($5k only) or may be added to one of the other cash prizes
Top 10 Apps (10) – Nexus 7 TabletWhat are we hoping to see?
Create an app that will be beautiful, addictive, and useful. Apps can be built for consumers, businesses, or social good. We’ll judge apps on the following criteria:
- Depth of Integration with Appcelerator – Does the application take advantage of the unique functionality offered by the Titanium platform? Does it leverage Appcelerator Cloud Services? Is it integrated with modules from the Open Mobile Marketplace?
- Utility – Is the application useful to a consumer or businessperson? Does it achieve one of the two objectives of mobile apps (to help people make money or waste time)?
- User Experience – Is the application easy to use? Is it appealing? Is it addictive?
- Originality of Concept – Is the application unique and innovative? Does it bring new functionality to mobile devices?
Any new mobile application that is developed on Appcelerator Titanium is eligible for the Mobile Developer Challenge. Here are the key dates:
- Now through September 30th – Form a team (or go it alone!), come up with an idea, and build an app
- September 30th – Submission deadline (5:00pm PT)
- October 12th– 10 finalists announced
- October 23rd – 1st and 2ndplace winners launch their app on stage at CODESTRONG 2012
- October 23rd – 1st and 2ndplace winners pitch their app to our “VC Panel”
To help you get started, we’re holding a number of meetups around the world (see below). These are a great place to brainstorm and discuss the feasibility of an idea with our developer relations staff, connect with others who are participating in the Mobile Developer Challange, and learn more about Appcelerator. We’ll also be holding webinars if you’re unable to attend in person. For a list of events, and to find all of the information that you need about the Mobile Developer Challenge, visit Appcelerator.challengepost.com.
Worldwide Meetups Washington DC, Aug. 21, 7 p.m. Austin, Texas, Aug. 23, 7 p.m. SF Bay Area, Aug. 21, 7 p.m. Berlin, Aug. 21, 7 p.m. London, Aug. 28, 7 p.m. New Delhi, Aug. 21, 7 p.m. Mexico City, Aug. 15, 7 p.m.
PS: As a bonus, Red Hat’s OpenShift is offering FREE hosting for Mobile Developer Challenge participants. Go to the Mobile Dev Challenge site to receive 1.5 GB memory and 3 GB of storage for FREE!