0 Flares 0 Flares ×We’re excited to announce Titanium Mobile SDK 1.8 Release Candidate 1 is now available, providing new features, enhancements and bug fixes for iOS and Android, as well as a beta version of the new Mobile Web platform. New features in 1.8 include:
- Dual-runtime support for Android allows you to switch between the new, faster V8 runtime, and the legacy Rhino runtime (required by some legacy devices).
- Improved iOS support for XML DOM Level 2, with most DOM L2 APIs now supported.
- A “longpress” event is now supported on Android and iOS.
- iOS support for “pinch” gesture events.
- VideoPlayer objects can now be added to a view on Android.
- Support for the iOS 5.0.1 “do-not-back-up” file attribute.
- Updates to the APIDoc format.
Android Module SupportThe new Android runtime support required some updates to the modules API. Modules will have to be ported to API version 2. For details, see the Android Module Porting Guide.
Known IssuesThis section lists high-profile known issues in RC1 that will be fixed in the 1.8 GA release.
- Disable timestamping on distribution builds. The addition of a timestamp to the version bundle string can make the string too long for Apple’s submission guidelines. In the GA release, this timestamp will be removed from distribution builds, but retained in adhoc and simulator builds. (TIMOB-6293)
- DashboardView is leaking memory. (TIMOB-6229)
- V8 Debugger: Add a list of filtered variable names for TiStudio. (TIMOB-6549)
- V8 Proxy: Filter stack variables by regular expression from the Mobile SDK. (TISTUD-894)
- V8 Proxy: Filter stack frames that have a prefix of “ti:/”. (TISTUD-897)
Download and InstallationIf you have Titanium Studio, you can download the 1.8 SDK from inside Studio. See below for instruction to install the SDK with or without Studio. Download Links for Titanium Mobile SDK 1.8 Release Candidate 1: OSX: http://builds.appcelerator.com.s3.amazonaws.com/RC/mobilesdk-126.96.36.199.RC1-osx.zip Linux: http://builds.appcelerator.com.s3.amazonaws.com/RC/mobilesdk-188.8.131.52.RC1-linux.zip Win32: http://builds.appcelerator.com.s3.amazonaws.com/RC/mobilesdk-184.108.40.206.RC1-win32.zip
To install the 1.8 SDK from Titanium Studio
- Click Help > Install Titanium SDK from URL.
- Paste in the appropriate URL and click Finish.
- After the SDK finishes downloading, you’re ready to try it out.
tiapp.xmlfile and make sure the selected SDK is 220.127.116.11.RC1