0 Flares 0 Flares ×We’re excited to announce Titanium Mobile SDK 1.8 Release Candidate 3 is now available. This release fixes some issues in 1.8 RC1 and improves stability. For more information on the release, see the original blog post for 1.8 RC1. To get the most out of the 1.8 SDK, you should also get the new Titanium Studio 1.0.7 Release Candidate. If you have already installed the Titanium Studio 1.0.7 RC, you do not need to reinstall, but make sure you have the latest updates. Click Help > Check For Updates to get the latest updates. Read the Release Notes for additional details on all new features and improvements available in the release candidate.
Fixed IssuesThis section lists high-profile issues that were fixed in RC3.
- Disabled timestamping on distribution builds. The addition of a timestamp to the version bundle string can make the string too long for Apple’s submission guidelines. This timestamp has been removed from distribution builds, but retained in adhoc and simulator builds. (TIMOB-6293)
- DashboardView is leaking memory. (TIMOB-6229)
- CommonJS: Module variables not updated. (TIMOB-6688)
- Packaging: Failing to include all optional icons during packaging causes errors in Xcode pre-submission verification (TIMOB-6575).
- Some modules designed for CommonJS not exporting, even with the “export” variable set. (TIMOB-6573)
- V8 Debugger: Add a list of filtered variable names for TiStudio. (TIMOB-6549)
- V8 Debugger: Filter stack variables by regular expression from the Mobile SDK. (TISTUD-894)
- V8 Debugger: Filter stack frames that have a prefix of “ti:/”. (TISTUD-897)
Download and InstallationIf you have Titanium Studio, you can download the 1.8 SDK from inside Studio. See below for instruction to install the SDK with or without Studio. Download Links for Titanium Mobile SDK 1.8 Release Candidate 3: OSX: http://builds.appcelerator.com.s3.amazonaws.com/RC/mobilesdk-184.108.40.206.RC3-osx.zip Linux: http://builds.appcelerator.com.s3.amazonaws.com/RC/mobilesdk-220.127.116.11.RC3-linux.zip Win32: http://builds.appcelerator.com.s3.amazonaws.com/RC/mobilesdk-18.104.22.168.RC3-win32.zip
To install the 1.8 RC3 SDK from Titanium Studio
- Click Help > Install Titanium SDK from URL.
- Paste in the appropriate URL and click Finish.
- After the SDK finishes downloading, you’re ready to try it out.
tiapp.xmlfile and make sure the selected SDK is 22.214.171.124.RC3