The contest begins September 6th and concludes Tuesday, September 20th, when applicants submit their entries to CODESTRONG Hackathon judges.
- First Prize: $10,000
- Second Prize: $2,500
- Third Prize: $1,000
- Top Five Apps will receive Barnes & Noble NOOK Tablets
- Depth of integration with Titanium APIs: Does the application take advantage of the unique functionality such as native user interface elements, social networking or geo-location features offered by the Titanium platform? Does it leverage Titanium advanced APIs like push notifications, in-app purchasing or barcode scanning?
- Utility: Is the application useful to a consumer or business person?
- User Experience: Is the application easy to use? Is it graphically appealing?
- Level of Innovation: Is the application unique and innovative? Does it bring new functionality to mobile devices?
- 30-day free trial of Appcelerator’s Indie package (available at http://www.appcelerator.com/hackathon-account)
- Office hours with Appcelerator Developers during the CODESTRONG conference
- Hackathon participants must be registered for Appcelerator’s CODESTRONG conference.
- Applications cannot be under development prior to the contest kickoff of September 6th.
- The development tools, frameworks and application focus are entirely up to the participants but they must be built using the Appcelerator Titanium platform.
- Participants are expected to bring all tools and software necessary to build their entry. Organizers will provide caffeine and power strips, but you might want to bring your own.
- Rules are subject to change at the discretion of Appcelerator.
- Employees, contractors, and partners of Appcelerator are welcome to participate in the Hackathon, but are not eligible to receive prizes.
- Contest is open to developers worldwide for mobile apps built on Appcelerator Titanium for iOS and Android platforms.
- Submissions are due by 5:00 PM PST on September 20, 2011.
- To participate in the competition, applicants must resister at CODESTRONG 2011 on September 19th at the InterContinental Hotel, 888 Howard Street, San Francisco, California 94103, then submit their entry at CODESTRONG on September 20th at 5:00 PM Pacific Time.
- Only applications and services that did not have publicly available integration with Titanium prior to September 6, 2011 are eligible for the competition.
- All submissions must be localized in English in order to be eligible to win a prize. Other languages are fine, but your submission and must work in English.
- Applicants will present their apps to the judging panel at 5:00pm on September 20th.
- Prizes will be awarded at 6:00pm on September 20th.
- The first place winner will receive $10,000 in cash and a Barnes & Noble Color Nook.
- The second place winner will receive $2,500 in cash and a Barnes & Noble Color Nook.
- The third place winner will receive $1,000 in cash and a Barnes & Noble Color Nook.
- The top five winners will receive a Barnes & Noble Color Nook.
Q: Is there someone I can contact to get more information?
A: Yes, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: Do I have to be on a team to participate? A: You may work by yourself or with a team. Q: Can we start the application prior to the event? A: Yes. You can start as soon as the rules are announced on September 6th, 2011. Q Does anyone get to see the source code for the app we are going to build? A: Your source code is only made public or seen by others if you opt to compete in the open source category. Other than this case, the developer(s) can share as much about the application as they wish. Q: I’m not able to attend CODESTRONG. How can I get my app included in the Hackathon? A: The Hackathon is only open to those who are in attendance at CODESTRONG. You must be present on Monday, September 18th at CODESTRONG to register, and you must be present at CODESTRONG on Tuesday, September 19th at 5:00pm Pacific time to present your app to the judges. Q: What kind of support will be available to me? A: Appcelerator engineers will be available to support Hackathon contestants at CODESTRONG. Before the event, you may use the community forum, or any other paid support subscription you have. Q: Can I use Titanium+Plus modules or other Titanium extensions in my extensions? A: Yes, and we encourage you to do so! You can use Titanium+Plus modules from your existing Indie subscription, or you can sign up for the 30-day free Indie trial at http://www.appcelerator.com/hackathon-account. Q: I have a Titanium mobile app that I started awhile back and I want to submit it in the Hackathon. Can I do that? A: The purpose of the Hackathon is to show what type of apps can be created within a prescribed period of time — in this case, from September 6th until September 20th. Any apps that have code libraries or artifacts prior to September 6th will not be eligible. Questions? Email email@example.com