We’re pleased to announce brand new updates and features to our Developer Center specifically the new DevLink feature and the revamped community Q&A.
DevLink (BETA)* http://developer.appcelerator.com/devlink
Recently we released an update to the developer profile portal page. This update adds a new a set of optional attributes to each developer’s profile.
There are two driving forces behind the change. First of all we’d like to understand more about our developers so that we can best meet the needs of our growing community; your backgrounds, skills, interests, etc. Secondly, we would like to help our developers gain visibility in the competitive mobile development market. We often come into contact with companies looking for talented Titanium developers with a variety of skills. Our goal is to create a means by which developers can promote their skills and offerings and give others a mechanism to discovery them.
To take advantage of getting listed in DevLink you’ll need to head over to your profile page and complete enough fields to get to 60% profile completeness.
You’ll also need to check the option List in DevLink.
It doesn’t take many fields to get to 60% profile completeness. Do note that if you’re interested in getting contract Titanium work you’ll probably want to fill out most of the optional fields as well so that a potential employer can get a basic idea as to your experience and skill set.
You might also be wondering how the default sort works for those individuals listed in DevLink. What we’re willing to tell you is that every developer has a unique developer score (that isn’t shown externally). This unique developer score is generated nightly and is a combination of a couple of different variables.
- Titan (Y/N)
- Certified (Y/N)
- Q&A Score
- Recency of Q&A Activity
In other words you can impact where you’re listed in DevLink by joining the Titans Program, by getting Certified, and by being an active participant in our Q&A Forums.
* DevLink is still considered a very early Beta at this point. We’ll be constantly improving it over the upcoming months
If you’ve visited our Q&A section of the developer center anytime in the last couple of weeks you’ll have noticed some huge improvements and changes to the layouts and how the system works. Rather than bore you with all the changes here’s a screenshot along with a changelog.
- Completely new design!
- Questions are now properly displaying the number of “votes” as the score
- Answered vs. unanswered questions are now identified by green and blue score boxes respectively
- What was the “most recent” category is now “newest” to show the newest questions
- Added new question categories:
- Most Recent: shows questions that have activity (i.e. answers, comments)
- Answered: shows only questions that have a best answer marked
- Current badges: Appcelerator staff, (partner currently disabled), Certified developer, Titan