Last Updated: June 1, 2012
We may update this Policy from time to time. You are responsible for periodically reading this Policy. We will post all changes to this Policy on this page and the modified policy will specify its effective date.
How We Collect Information
Website When you visit our Site, your computer’s operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language and referring Web site addresses may be logged automatically. We may also collect information about your usage and activity, such as number of clicks, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, and the date and time of this activity. We may use this information to monitor and analyze your use of the Service.
Web Beacons A “web beacon” is an electronic image placed in the code of a web page or in emails. We use web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page to another, to improve overall site performance and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
Third Party Tools Appcelerator’s Site may also contain third party tracking tools from service providers, examples of which include Google Analytics, DemandBase, and Marketo. These third parties may have access to your personal information in connection with the performance of services for Appcelerator.
Titanium Mobile and Desktop SDKs – Titanium Platform When you use the Appcelerator SDKs (either Mobile or Desktop), we may track the number of downloads of our SDKs that have occurred.
Titanium Studio If you download and use our Titanium Studio product, we may collect information regarding when you create/delete a new project i.e., use the Studio tool to create/delete a project that will become a mobile or desktop application based on the Titanium platform, test the application on a development machine in a simulated environment, install an application on a device, and prepare your application for distribution through web download or submission to an app store.
Titanium Analytics When you use Titanium Platform or Titanium Studio, you have access to Titanium Analytics. You may opt-out of Titanium Analytics for a mobile and/or desktop application by modifying the application’s tiapp.xml file to change the setting to “false”. Titanium Analytics enables you to track how your End Users use your applications to improve your products and services. The data you can collect includes the platform, model, manufacturer, operating system version of the device on which the End User uses your application, the timestamps in which the End User launches and exits your application, Titanium SDK Version, and geolocation data i.e., longitude and latitude of the location where the End User uses your application. You may also create custom analytics events for your application that are collected according to the execution logic of the application. This information is collected and sent back to Appcelerator’s servers. You can access this data at any time by going to the my.appcelerator.com/apps page and clicking on the “Analytics” button for your application.
Titanium Open Mobile Marketplace The Titanium Open Mobile Marketplace (“Marketplace”) is an on-line shop for buying and selling mobile application components. If you use Marketplace, we collect the information listed above under Website. We use a third party to process all of the transactions on Marketplace. Payment information will not be processed, transmitted or stored on our servers or Site.
Other Collection We may also acquire information from you through (1) your email of a question to our customer support, (2) your participation in surveys regarding the Service or (3) your participation in a sweepstakes or contest through the Service.
How We Use Information
We use personal information collected through our Service for the purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you in connection with our Service. For example, we may use your information to:
- operate and improve our Service;
- understand your preferences to enhance your experience with our Service;
- provide customer service;
- provide and deliver products and services you request;
- to send you Service information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about promotions, rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners; or
- link or combine it with other information we get from third parties, to help understand your preferences and provide you with better services.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Appcelerator may share aggregate or anonymous information about you and/or your End Users with advertisers, publishers, business partners, sponsors, and other third parties.Appcelerator does not share your personal information or your End User personal information except as approved by you or as described below:
- With your consent, for example, when you agree to our sharing your information with other third parties for their own marketing purposes subject to their separate privacy policies.
- Appcelerator may engage other companies and individuals to perform services on our behalf. Examples of these services include sending e-mails to you, payment processing, marketing, and analyzing data. These agents and service providers may have access to your personal information or your End User data in connection with the performance of services for Appcelerator.
- Third parties may collect information through tracking technologies like browser cookies and web beacons to personalize your or your End User experience or to analyze traffic to improve your or Your End User experience.
- We may release your information or End User information as permitted by law or when we believe that release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our rights; or protect the rights, property, or safety of us or our developers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection.
- Appcelerator may share your information or your End User information in connection with any merger, sale of our assets, or a financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
Under California law, California Residents who have an established business relationship with us may choose to opt out of the disclosure of personal information about them to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes. As detailed above, our policy is not to disclose personal information collected online to a third party for direct marketing purposes without your approval. If you choose to opt-out at any time after granting approval, email email@example.com.
Appcelerator has put in place industry standard technical and organizational measures designed to secure your information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to overcome those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. Also please note that email and messaging systems are not considered secure, so we discourage you from sending us personal information through these mediums.
Our Policy Regarding Children
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under the age of 13 may provide any personal information. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may transfer information that we collect about you to affiliated entities, or to other third parties across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that you are transferring information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction, and you consent to the transfer of information to the U.S. and the use and disclosure of information about you, including personal information, as described in this Policy.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com. Appcelerator, Inc. Attn: Privacy Counsel 440 N. Bernardo Ave. Mountain View, CA 94043 U.S.A.
Registered in the U.S. and other countries. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.