Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
The Appcelerator Platform can be also deployed as a virtual private cloud (VPC) for organizations that require an enterprise-grade solution with even higher levels of security, performance and control.
While public cloud solutions are ideal for getting started with mobility, the VPC delivery option provides each enterprise with its own standalone dedicated mobile cloud infrastructure.
Features and Benefits
The Appcelerator Platform VPC provides the following key features and benefits:
- VPN Connectivity – Connectivity to the enterprise corporate data centers is enabled over a secure point-to-point VPN connection, ensuring that all data transferred is encrypted.
- Data at rest security – In addition to standard client and server-side SSL used for data transfer, all data (file storage and database records) is encrypted with 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES-256).
- Multi-region support – Customers can deploy across multiple geographic regions to provide proximity to their end users as well as compliance with local privacy requirements.
- Increased SLAs – Service level availability is increased, providing between 99.90% and 99.95%, depending on the deployment configuration.
- Dedicated development and test sandbox environments – These sandbox environments enable developers and testers to work against non-production instances of their systems, to prevent interference on the live system.
- Disaster recovery – Supports remote real-time mirroring of all data to prevent data loss and ensure continuity of operations.
- Performance monitoring – Includes access to industry-standard performance monitoring tools along with an integrated status dashboard, providing real-time monitoring and alerting of the individual platform services.
Virtual Private Cloud gives Linea full control over the server resources and data for our apps, without us worrying about administration, security, and storage limitations. It provides us with the best of both worlds — a scalable private cloud without having to build and maintain it ourselves.